People of the Towel
| Group Study |
Watch the short clips below, and answer the questions associated with each. You can do this alone - but it's always more fun with a group of friends! Be sure to read/study the scriptures in each section. God's word is the standard by which we measure all our thoughts and ideas.
1 | a unique love language
We all know one, probably several people, whose love language is talking. They can talk, and talk, and talk, and talk. So thinking about people with this unique love language:
- Would you consider yourself someone like that?
- Have you ever been "caught" by talkative person in an inopportune time? How did you respond?
2 | people of the towel
We live in an amazing state and more specifically in and around an amazing city. Klamath Falls, Oregon is also a city that is great need. It is very easy to focus on our church as being the only group of believers in Christ around the area, but that is not true. In the past, we have gotten caught up in traditions and differences among churches. Because of this, often we don't work together to help our city.
- Have you noticed this in the past: Christians seem to avoid working together on a common cause because of denominational differences?
- What are some of the differences?
- How can we move past our differences in order to work together for the good of the city?
Scripture: John 13:3-15
3 | feelings vs. needs
Many people help because it feels good to do so. They do not help if it is awkward, difficult, or at a bad time; however God has called all of us to help and serve the needs of others when the need arises, not when it is convenient.
During one of the most difficult nights in Jesus' life, He kneels to serve His disciples and wash their feet.
- Are you willing to immediately respond to the needs of others in your life?
- What could some of those needs look like?
- Among yourselves, discuss a need that during April and May, you can all work on to meet in your neighborhood, in someone's life, or in a local school.