Wind and Fire
| Group Study |
Watch the short clips below, and answer the questions associated with each. You can do this alone - but it's always more fun with a group of friends! Be sure to read/study the scriptures in each section. God's word is the standard by which we measure all our thoughts and ideas.
1 | Power of hope
As the world draws closer and closer to God’s return, the power is shifting from God’s people to secular views. The church and the Bible no longer have the influence it once did. However, the church was created by God to be the light to this world, we must speak up and out against evil.
- How can we speak up in this dark world when hope is not a familiar concept anymore?
- Are you the hope for someone?
Scripture: Acts 2:1-41
2 | allowing him
Many people read scripture and read about the Holy Spirit moving through the early church, but do not realize how active the Holy Spirit is today. The fact is, the Holy Spirit wants to create revival in our cities; however, Christians must allow Him and invite Him to do so daily.
- How often do you think about the Holy Spirit during your day?
- What purpose does He have in your life?
- If we give Him full permission to move in our lives, what changes could/would He make?
3 | God's washboard
God is waiting to wipe your slate clean. When God released His Spirit over the world, He made everyone (man, woman, child, boss, employee, rich, poor, sick, and healthy) equal. All He sees is souls, everyone has a chance at Heaven.
- Have you ever not want to be around Christians when you’re struggling with different sins?
- Why is that?
- Do you feel different after being among other Christians at church/small group?
- If so, why do you think that is?