People of the Towel Pt. 2
| Group Study |
Watch the short clips below, and answer the questions associated with each. You can do this alone - but it's always more fun with a group of friends! Be sure to read/study the scriptures in each section. God's word is the standard by which we measure all our thoughts and ideas.
1 | live like you're in heaven
So often, people get told the lie that they are not good enough for a relationship with God, or maybe they can get saved but He will not want a close relationship with them. All of these are made up by the enemy to deceive us and keep us from the full life, God desires us to have.
- Was there ever a time where you felt unworthy of a relationship with God?
- Do you believe you are living the full life Christ desires you to live?
- If not, why?
- And how can you change that?
2 | Towel of the Gospel
Christ was the symbolic towel of the Gospel, washing our sins on the cross as He had washed the filth off His disciples feet.
- Would you mind washing someone else's feet or having your feet washed?
When someone is saved, Christ "washes" away their sins, as if He gets down on His hands and knees to wash their feet. With this in mind:
- Does that image change your mind about the first question?
- What did it feel like when you were first saved?
- If you are not saved, would you like to be?
Scripture: John 13:3-15
3 | serving everyone
To be "People of the Towel," we are to serve everyone. This is the heart and mission of Refuge City Church and is something we want to focus on during our Small Group. Last week, we discussed serving our community, a person, etc. in some way over the next month. Tonight let's start by discussing the why it is important to serve everyone, then finish up any details for your project.